Musicians, Guard Your Hearing - Musicians Earplugs



If there is one thing a musician should make sure they continue to do so, he hears. The separation between "good" music and "big" music is often the smallest nuance in sound. It is the perfect amplifier sound, reverb and very specific amount of gain that musicians often spend years looking for. Unfortunately, in a painful turn of irony, once musicians have spent too much time looking for what is in a noisy environment, they gradually lose the ability to detect these nuances because of hearing loss (see if the Tinnitus you want to know more).

Anyone who has played for a long time will tell you that protecting your audience should be a priority. The best thing to do is listen (if you still can).

I will state in advance: my preferred method of hearing protection is to use an in-ear monitoring system. There are many decent ones to choose from. If you want to start with a generic-fit, negotiation arrangement you can check the Shure SE215 and then move on from there until you want an arrangement tailored to the customer's needs (I'll write about them another time).

Musicians Earplugs

What if I want to protect my hearing, but I cannot use an IEM system?
Everyone cannot use an EMI system. Many people want to use wedge monitors for a variety of reasons. In these cases, musicians who want to protect their hearing actually only have one option. That is to use musicians earplugs.


But musicians earplugs suck! I know ... that's why I wanted to find better one. It was much more difficult as you might think.

I need something that attenuates the sound (which is less intense and without losing quality) rather than just blocking. So, your grandfather's wooden foam earplugs for musicians are not an option. It would not hurt if the lids were low profile too, so it's not obvious that I wear.

That's when I came across these ...

Earmold Sydney Musicians Earplugs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Wearing Ear Plugs while swimming

Ear Plugs for Swimming are best to swim?

Motorcycle Ear Plugs - Hearing Protection for Riders